Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2022 date: I need to reset an iphone 7 after my son locked it but my new mac won't let me, what is the exact directions how to reset it after you plug the old iphone into the mac? There is no more itunes!

I cannot wipe this phone it has a lot of information on it. What is the exact directions to reset this old iphone?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 1:57 PM

On a newer Mac you use Finder rather than iTunes. But you may not need a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or later.

If your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 1:57 PM in response to Makotomel

On a newer Mac you use Finder rather than iTunes. But you may not need a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or later.

If your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

Jul 17, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Makotomel

Unfortunately, you are going to need to erase the phone to get it working again. No way around that. When you set up the phone again, you can use a recent backup to restore the data on the phone.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Locate and view your connected device on your computer - Apple Support

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher, you can use this method to restore the phone, which does not require a computer:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

2022 date: I need to reset an iphone 7 after my son locked it but my new mac won't let me, what is the exact directions how to reset it after you plug the old iphone into the mac? There is no more itunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.