Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone is frozen. Will not let me turn it off to try to restart. No apps will work

My wife’s phone is frozen. We can not turn it off to try to restart. No apps will work

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 5:13 PM

Try a Forced Reset

Quickly press and release the Volume Up button

Quickly press and release the Volume Down button

Hold in the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen

Do not release the Side button when the slider appears. Keep holding the button until the Apple icon appears in the center of the screen, then release the Side button.

If still no luck after a few tries, it's off to the Apple Store or Apple Repair shop.

Force restart iPhone - Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › guide › iphone › ios

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 5:13 PM in response to Jimandcindy

Try a Forced Reset

Quickly press and release the Volume Up button

Quickly press and release the Volume Down button

Hold in the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen

Do not release the Side button when the slider appears. Keep holding the button until the Apple icon appears in the center of the screen, then release the Side button.

If still no luck after a few tries, it's off to the Apple Store or Apple Repair shop.

Force restart iPhone - Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › guide › iphone › ios

Phone is frozen. Will not let me turn it off to try to restart. No apps will work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.