You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cut and paste in Notes

With the recent upgrade to Monterey, my Notes seems to have lost the ability to allow me to cut and paste text within a note. The highlight function seems to be modified: I can only highlight a contiguous non-blank section of text, and cannot position the cursor and highlight an entire line or section. This is just one of many changes I've run across in Monterey: it's a rather disappointing release of iOS. The kind of programming I came to expect from Microsoft back when I was stuck with PCs.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 9:41 AM

You can try booting into Safe Mode, then restart normally.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 18, 2022 9:26 AM in response to dialabrain

And the Notes I have is version 4.9 of 1997. Something in the way the cursor works has changed... but only when I'm using Notes. Other edit tools work like they always have (the entire Open Office suite, Pages, Numbers, et alii) and allow me to position the cursor and drag across text to highlight so it can be copied. And since this behavior started after the Monterey upgrade, I have to suspect something in that release.

Cut and paste in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.