Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redownloading Purchased Music

There is an album I bought a while ago that I am struggling to redownload. At some point, some songs on the album stopped working. About halfway through a song, it would skip to a next song, and some songs would just not play, giving a message saying "content not authorized." To try to fix it, I decided to delete and redownload the songs. After removing the songs form my library, I went to the iTunes store, went to the album's page, and there was no option to redownload or even repurchase the album. Where the purchase button usually is there is a grayed out button that says "purchased." In the iTunes Store app, I've tried going to More > Purchased > Music to try redownloading it from there, however the album does not appear there either. I've also tried signing in and out of my Apple ID to see if that refreshes it.

I'm confused as to why it doesn't show up in my purchase history when iTunes seems to know I've purchased it before based on the album's store page.

Any ideas or help towards fixing this?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:54 PM

Go to the iTunes Store, scroll up to the bottom and tap on your Apple ID, view Apple ID, scroll up to Hidden Purchases and see if they are in there.

3 replies

Redownloading Purchased Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.