Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my auto-brightness shut off why does my phone keep dimming

Why does my phone keep dimming I have the auto brake shut off and I have everything that I’ve always told me to do but it’s still keeps dimming slowly

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:01 PM

Deago21 wrote:

Why does my phone keep dimming I have the auto brake shut off and I have everything that I’ve always told me to do but it’s still keeps dimming slowly

Settings and tap Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. Then, turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.

Settings -> Display & Brightness and tap Night Shift. Tap that switch to turn Night Shift off

Control Center-> press and hold the brightness slider. Then, tap the Night Shift button to toggle it off or on.

Settings -> Battery and make sure the switch next to Low Power Mode is off.

Settings > Accessibility -> Display & Text Size> Reduce White Point and check if turned off Reduce White Point.

Restart your iPhone if necessary and compare your results — restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Deago21

Deago21 wrote:

Settings and tap Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. Then, turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.

Settings -> Display & Brightness and tap Night Shift. Tap that switch to turn Night Shift off

Control Center-> press and hold the brightness slider. Then, tap the Night Shift button to toggle it off or on.

Settings -> Battery and make sure the switch next to Low Power Mode is off.

Settings > Accessibility -> Display & Text Size> Reduce White Point and check if turned off Reduce White Point.

Restart your iPhone if necessary and compare your results — restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 18, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Deago21

There are two conditions that might cause the screen to dim, in addition to what leroydouglas posted:

1. It the phone gets too hot it will dim the screen to lower the phone’s temperature, as the screen is a huge generator of heat
  2. There’s a feature called Attention Aware that will dim the screen when you aren’t looking directly at it - you can disabled this by going to Settings/Face ID & Passcode and turning it off.

In addition, the screen will dim a few seconds before the screen auto-locks, as a warning.

I got my auto-brightness shut off why does my phone keep dimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.