Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete recently deleted files from the files app.

I tried to delete files from the recently deleted folder only to have this message come up: “The operation could not be completed. Could not communicate with the helper application.” I tried resetting the iPad without erasing all data. That didn’t work. I tried restarting the iPad, and that didn’t even work. I am running out of options. I want to save space on the iPad but am not able to delete the recently deleted files. Can someone help in this matter? Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:00 PM

When at the initial Files screen, showing entries like “Recents” and “Locations”, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.

Then tap “Connect to Server” from the resulting drop-down choices.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 18, 2022 2:19 PM in response to speedylion

I cannot see the images that are displayed, and the file that cannot be deleted is housed in the files app. When I try to hit the button for recovering the file, it does not allow me to do that either. since I am not able to see the images that are being described, could you please send me a full detail in text form to better help me? Thank you very much.

Cannot delete recently deleted files from the files app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.