Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I update safari without installing Monterey?

Can I update Safari and Catalina WITHOUT upgrading to Monterey?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:46 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and if your MacBook Air is a mid-2013 or newer model, then on the download link for Big Sur.

The current version of Safari will run on Catalina. Check for updates in the Mac App Store.

(221607)

5 replies

Jul 18, 2022 4:05 PM in response to Niel

I have a 2017 MacBook Air. I had Monterey and did not like it. The guys at the Apple store removed it and re-installed Catalina. My System Update wants me to upgrade to Monterey. My choice is NO. But other updates (A) are available and I'm afraid I update those, Monterey (B) will also be installed. How can I do A and not B?

Jul 18, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Lisa.F

Lisa.F wrote:

I have a 2017 MacBook Air. I had Monterey and did not like it. The guys at the Apple store removed it and re-installed Catalina. My System Update wants me to upgrade to Monterey. My choice is NO. But other updates (A) are available and I'm afraid I update those, Monterey (B) will also be installed. How can I do A and not B?

FWIW, when you click to the other updates, It only downloads those. No Monterey.

can I update safari without installing Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.