Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Releases → “Something went wrong.”

One of my favorite Apple Music sections no longer displays in macOS Music.app:

Listen NowNew ReleasesSee All“Something went wrong.”

There's a "Retry" button which seems to have no effect. This error has persisted for weeks.

Any ideas to solve?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:27 AM

Thanks quiescence12! I did upgrade to macOS 12.5 just after it was released, but it didn't fix this issue immediately.

Now that you replied, I checked again, and New ReleasesSee All is working again ✅🎆🥳

Seems pretty likely this was a server-side Apple Music issue that they finally resolved. I'd like to imagine this thread and my Apple Support case lead someone to realizing it was broken.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 9:27 AM in response to quiescence12

Thanks quiescence12! I did upgrade to macOS 12.5 just after it was released, but it didn't fix this issue immediately.

Now that you replied, I checked again, and New ReleasesSee All is working again ✅🎆🥳

Seems pretty likely this was a server-side Apple Music issue that they finally resolved. I'd like to imagine this thread and my Apple Support case lead someone to realizing it was broken.

Jul 19, 2022 1:15 PM in response to apple-mars

Hello apple-mars,

Does that behavior still persist if you boot your Mac into safe mode using the steps from this resource? How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

It can take a few extra minutes to boot into safe mode. Your screen may flash or flicker while in safe mode. Those behaviors are expected. Testing in safe mode runs a check on your disk, removes some cached files and can help isolate conflicts with start up items. Once you've tested that behavior in safe mode, you can restart to leave safe mode.

Let us know your results, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

Jul 19, 2022 6:26 PM in response to apple-mars

Hello apple-mars,

Thanks for sharing those additional details. So you're unable to access this page on all of your devices, not just a specific one. That is helpful to know as that helps to eliminate the device as the source of the issue.

Looking at Apple's status page, they don't currently show any type of issue or outage with the Apple Music service. Also, if they were having an issue on their servers it's something they would work to resolve right away. It wouldn't linger on for weeks.

System Status

Do you have any type of firewall, VPN or security/antivirus software on these devices? If so, you'll want to try disabling that to see if that could be impacting this specific page from loading.

Aside from that, are these devices all using the same Wi-Fi network? If so, try restarting the Wi-Fi router and ideally if you have access to another Wi-Fi network somewhere, test out a computer on that. This can help to isolate if the issue is specific to that one network.

If the issue continues and you're still unable to load this specific page the next step would be to contact Apple and let them know about it: Get Support

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2022 6:07 PM in response to chuckbl

Hi chuckbl,

I restarted in Safe Mode, but the error persists in Music.app. Restarted back to normal mode, and same error.

I also signed out of my account in Music.app, and then signed back in, but the error accessing New ReleasesSee All continues to occur.

The error message and "Retry" action make it seem like this is an issue with the server-side of Apple Music:

For what it's worth, I have a second Mac where I sign-in to my Apple Music account too. It's a 2019 Intel MacBook Pro. I see exactly the same error in Music.app on that computer.

Wondering if anyone else can reproduce this error on their Mac?

Thanks for your help!

Jul 20, 2022 4:47 PM in response to Jaym_8

I switched wifi networks and this error still occurs.

My personal Mac has no VPN or security software beyond the defaults of macOS. My work Mac is loaded down with corporate VPN and security software. They both reflect the same error.

At this point, along with dpetraz's corroborating reply, I believe this is a Apple Music service issue. I will open a support case.

Thanks for the help, y'all 💚🍏

Jul 21, 2022 5:43 AM in response to apple-mars

I've been having the same issue for the last two months. I tried all the recommended solutions but nothing worked so far. I am running macOS Monterey v12.4 on a Macbook Pro (2021) Apple M1 Max chip; Apple Music app version 1.2.4.3.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my iPhone/iPad as there is no 'See All' button on the iOS/iPadOS version.

I was only able to fetch the entire New Releases list on the AppleTV Music app.

I also share @apple-mars's opinion that this seems to be an issue related to the Apple Music service. I was also wondering whether the issue is region-specific as I am currently located in Bulgaria.

Looking forward to any updates regarding the problem. I will also keep you posted in case of any progress on my side.

New Releases → “Something went wrong.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.