Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not mount “disk2s2”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error -119930868.)

Dear, I got this message trying to mount an MSDOS FAT32 external usb stick that has files I want to work on from a windows computer.

I also tried to look for similar issues but the error wasn't even the same actually I could not find nowhere that error number.

Why does not work?

what I need to do?

thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 7:04 PM

The file system may be corrupt or the USB stick may be bad. Try using another USB stick especially a different brand since the quality of many USB sticks is extremely poor. Better yet, use an actual USB SSD or hard drive, or other method to transfer the files such as File Sharing if on the same local network.

You can try running Disk Utility First Aid on the USB stick, or running a file system check on it using your Windows PC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 7:04 PM in response to Vedett01

The file system may be corrupt or the USB stick may be bad. Try using another USB stick especially a different brand since the quality of many USB sticks is extremely poor. Better yet, use an actual USB SSD or hard drive, or other method to transfer the files such as File Sharing if on the same local network.

You can try running Disk Utility First Aid on the USB stick, or running a file system check on it using your Windows PC.

Could not mount “disk2s2”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error -119930868.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.