Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Keyboard & Trackpad issue

I have a Macbook Air M1 2020. The keyboard and trackpad stops working suddenly. I am having this issue intermittently. Any solution? Is this a common issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 5:08 PM

I’m having this issue as well.

I’ve have already taken the MacBook to apple two times and since they haven’t been able to replicate the issue they cannot do anything. I don’t know what to do. Such a headache this is. If anyone knows why this happens to some MacBooks please let us know because it is NOT a widespread issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 5:08 PM in response to vijaykk

I’m having this issue as well.

I’ve have already taken the MacBook to apple two times and since they haven’t been able to replicate the issue they cannot do anything. I don’t know what to do. Such a headache this is. If anyone knows why this happens to some MacBooks please let us know because it is NOT a widespread issue.

Jul 19, 2022 6:47 AM in response to vijaykk

Hi,

Try to start up in Safe Mode if it fixes up keyboard and trackpad issue.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Air to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Macbook Air Keyboard & Trackpad issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.