Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This showed up.. and because of it I could not update or download. And as I contact apple they said their is a pending payment of 40$. Which they could not cancel. Is there any way to fix it without using any payment mathod

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:57 AM

Is there any way to fix it without using any payment mathod

No, you need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 5:57 AM in response to mippo69

Is there any way to fix it without using any payment mathod

No, you need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Jul 19, 2022 6:13 AM in response to mippo69

and because of it I could not update or download. 

And as I contact apple they said their is a pending payment of 40$

I’ve been using without payment without before

You need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

I don’t understand why.

If you go to a shop in real life you need to pay too if you buy stuff.

This showed up.. and because of it I could not update or download. And as I contact apple they said their is a pending payment of 40$. Which they could not cancel. Is there any way to fix it without using any payment mathod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.