Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I allow 4 hours for “social” does it allow 4 hours per app or total?

Setting screen time limits for “social” apps. If I choose apps in this category and set a time to say 4 hours, does it allow 4 hours PER APP chosen, or a total of 4 hours for the “social” category?

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:09 AM

It's per category, not per app.

"You can set daily limits for app categories with App Limits. For example, you might want to see productivity apps while you're at work, but not social networking or games. App Limits refresh every day at midnight, and you can delete them any time." taken from Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 6:09 AM in response to Jillo226

It's per category, not per app.

"You can set daily limits for app categories with App Limits. For example, you might want to see productivity apps while you're at work, but not social networking or games. App Limits refresh every day at midnight, and you can delete them any time." taken from Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If I allow 4 hours for “social” does it allow 4 hours per app or total?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.