Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

Is there an easy way to manage contacts to delete duplicate entries?

Background

I got a new iPhone13 iOS 15.5 and had to power down in the middle of Setup to get my phone activated with VZW. I ended up transferring the data from my old phone twice. Deleting the double photos was easy but deleting the double contacts is not.

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:48 AM

Yes.

You may have stored the same contacts in multiple email accounts.

Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the iOS Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 6:48 AM in response to PorkchopXS

Yes.

You may have stored the same contacts in multiple email accounts.

Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the iOS Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.