Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with external display and macbook pro m1 max

Hi Community,

When I plug an external display to my macbook pro m1 max, I met some "freeze/hang".

After few minutes, my mac closes the session and a report has been created.

Could someone help me with this ?

Thanks for the help,

Spin sample :

https://rentry.co/uo4p8

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 8:41 AM

Temps écoulé depuis le démarrage: Environ 27 jours

According to the report, this back has not been restarted in 27 days.

This means that the mac is not really shutting down.

Sometimes a mere restart can restore things to normal.

Try restarting.

See if the problem recurs after a while or not.

Let us know.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 20, 2022 4:23 AM in response to apsylone

ou can connect one or more external displays depending on your Mac model. To find out how many external displays your Mac supports, check its technical specifications page:

Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, double-click your serial number, then press Command-C to copy it.

Go to the Tech Specs page, click the Search Tech Specs bar, press Command-V to enter your computer's serial number, then click Search.

Click the specs page for your Mac. The number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support or Graphics.

On Mac computers with Apple silicon, you can connect up to 5 displays depending on the chip in your Mac. To find out which chip your Mac has, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

If you're using a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra:

You can connect up to five external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports on the front and back of the computer.

If you're using a Mac with M1 Max:

On MacBook Pro, you can connect up to four external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports.

On Mac Studio, you can connect up to five external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports on the back of the computer.

If you're using a Mac with M1 Pro:

You can connect up to two external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports.

If you're using a Mac with the M1 or M2 chip:

On MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac mini, you can connect one external display using either of the Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports. On iMac, connect your display to either of the ports with the Thunderbolt symbol .

On Mac mini, you can connect a second display to the HDMI port.

Using docks or daisy-chaining devices doesn't increase the number of displays you can connect.

Problem with external display and macbook pro m1 max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.