Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DONT WANT TO SAVE EVERYTHING TO ICLOUD! HOW DO I JUST SAVE TO MY DESKTOP?

I can no longer save anything to my desktop or hard drive and am being FORCED to buy more iCloud space! this is unacceptable! How do I save to desktop or hard drive?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 11:52 PM

Either manage your iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then check icloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Take decision to upgrade the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Make sure iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is always checked Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Drag and drop desired documents to some other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support ( except to Macintosh HD it will unnecessary occupy hard drive space ) .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 11:52 PM in response to kalamiteejain

Either manage your iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then check icloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Take decision to upgrade the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Make sure iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is always checked Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Drag and drop desired documents to some other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support ( except to Macintosh HD it will unnecessary occupy hard drive space ) .

Jul 19, 2022 2:01 PM in response to kalamiteejain

Your MacBook has the ability to store items in the Cloud. This can be useful for some (that use multiple devices).

I believe you're wanting to disable storing these items in the cloud from your Mac.

If so, Click on the Apple Logo (top Left corner) > Select System Preferences > Click "Apple ID" which will bring you to this pane.

UNCHECK iCloud Drive.

If this didn't solve your concern, please let us know.

I DONT WANT TO SAVE EVERYTHING TO ICLOUD! HOW DO I JUST SAVE TO MY DESKTOP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.