Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera stuck on 2x resolution

My camera all of the sudden started using the 2x resolution when I open the camera-app. I then have to manually click on the «2x» dot in order to get it back to the original 1x resolution. How can I get it so that it is always on 1x resolution? I have already tried going to settings -> camera -> preserve settings -> camera mode, but this has not worked

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 3:08 PM

Amandaskoglund wrote:

My camera all of the sudden started using the 2x resolution when I open the camera-app. I then have to manually click on the «2x» dot in order to get it back to the original 1x resolution. How can I get it so that it is always on 1x resolution? I have already tried going to settings -> camera -> preserve settings -> camera mode, but this has not worked

Have you tried restarting the iPhone?

restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

if no resolve—

reset/ or a Force Restart,

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Amandaskoglund

Amandaskoglund wrote:

Have you tried restarting the iPhone?

restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

if no resolve—

reset/ or a Force Restart,

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Camera stuck on 2x resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.