Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acrobat encrypted digital signature effects Mac Mail

I am using a macbook pro OS12.2.1 with Adobe Pro DC 2022.

This morning I signed a contract in PDF form that had a field for a digital signature. To do so, I set up a new digital signature in Adobe Acrobat with my name and one of my email addresses. If I remember correctly, I asked that the digital certificate be saved to my Mac Keychain.

Now, when I try to send an email in Mac Mail from that email address, the new Mail window opens in encrypted form. This does not happen if I try to send from any of my other email address. Somehow the Adobe digital certificate that includes that one email address is being sensed by Mac Mail.

I don't understand why an encrypted certificate for Adobe would effect the Mac Mail software but apparently is does. How can I resolve this?

Do I need to delete that Adobe certificate?

If so, how do I do that?

And, if I delete the certificate, does my digital signature become defunct?

Marc

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:09 PM

The system detects your digital certificate associated with that specific email. It provides you an option to use the certificate to ENCRYPT and/or SIGN your email. You can choose not to use it and simply send email as normal.

If you want to remove this capability, then you need to identify the specific digital certificate and look for it in your Keychain (launch Keychain Access) (My Certificate and Certificates), then delete it from there. Re-launch Mail and boom, it should no longer bug you. :)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 5:09 PM in response to mpk-apple

The system detects your digital certificate associated with that specific email. It provides you an option to use the certificate to ENCRYPT and/or SIGN your email. You can choose not to use it and simply send email as normal.

If you want to remove this capability, then you need to identify the specific digital certificate and look for it in your Keychain (launch Keychain Access) (My Certificate and Certificates), then delete it from there. Re-launch Mail and boom, it should no longer bug you. :)

Acrobat encrypted digital signature effects Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.