Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone 11 gets hot while charging

Why my I phone 11 get hot while charging

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 9:31 PM

Hi there! Normally all phones, like your iPhone get a little warm when charging, but should never get hot where it will hurt you.

If your phone is overheating, here's what you can do to cool it down (no pun intended)

• Unplug and turn off the phone.
  • Remove it from any source of heat, including sunlight
  • Set it on a smooth, flat surface free of any other objects within a few inches.
  • After a few minutes, turn it back on, but keep it in Airplane Mode for a bit.

If you have any apps running in the background. Closing them might help the iPhone

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 9:31 PM in response to rajneesh160

Hi there! Normally all phones, like your iPhone get a little warm when charging, but should never get hot where it will hurt you.

If your phone is overheating, here's what you can do to cool it down (no pun intended)

• Unplug and turn off the phone.
  • Remove it from any source of heat, including sunlight
  • Set it on a smooth, flat surface free of any other objects within a few inches.
  • After a few minutes, turn it back on, but keep it in Airplane Mode for a bit.

If you have any apps running in the background. Closing them might help the iPhone

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

My I phone 11 gets hot while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.