Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts are showing up on someone else’s device, why is that

Why are my contacts showing up on someone else’s device? we do. it have the same icloud

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:42 PM

Apple IDs are personal; they shouldn’t be shared any more than you would share a toothbrush. If you share an Apple ID with someone else many bad things will happen, in addition to what you have already observed. Each user should have their own Apple ID, then you can create Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support. That way you can share what you want to share and not share what you don’t want to share.

It is OK to share an Apple ID among devices used by one person, such as an iPhone, an iPad and a Mac; in fact, it is a very useful thing to do. But not between devices used by different people.

Here is Apple’s FAQ: https://appleid.apple.com/faq/#!&page=faq. See the 4th bullet item.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 5:42 PM in response to ashley360

Apple IDs are personal; they shouldn’t be shared any more than you would share a toothbrush. If you share an Apple ID with someone else many bad things will happen, in addition to what you have already observed. Each user should have their own Apple ID, then you can create Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support. That way you can share what you want to share and not share what you don’t want to share.

It is OK to share an Apple ID among devices used by one person, such as an iPhone, an iPad and a Mac; in fact, it is a very useful thing to do. But not between devices used by different people.

Here is Apple’s FAQ: https://appleid.apple.com/faq/#!&page=faq. See the 4th bullet item.

My contacts are showing up on someone else’s device, why is that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.