Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone transfer

I thought I successfully transferred to a iphone 12 and then the 12's screen went black. I feel the phone was on, but no screen. I pressed the volume down and apple (on right) so long it squealed. It is just black so now I'm confused what happened to my new phone. It vibrates enough to know its on, but without a screen.

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 9:20 PM

Hi there! Sorry to hear the iPhone 12 isn't working. Let's try some troubleshooting, I have attached an article below.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If the article below did not resolve your issue, you might want to contact Apple Support as this could be a hardware issue. If this is a new iPhone 12 you bought from apple or an authorized 3rd party, you might be able to get a replacement!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 9:20 PM in response to LisaRein8

Hi there! Sorry to hear the iPhone 12 isn't working. Let's try some troubleshooting, I have attached an article below.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If the article below did not resolve your issue, you might want to contact Apple Support as this could be a hardware issue. If this is a new iPhone 12 you bought from apple or an authorized 3rd party, you might be able to get a replacement!

New phone transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.