Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pen Won't Charge

I have had my Apple Pen (gen 1) plugged in for hours and it has not even charged at all. I have tried putting on the iPad Pro magnetic side as I have before but nothing. What other options do I have?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 1:20 PM

Hello 77cjc62,

We understand you're having issues with your Apple Pencil not charging as expected. Looking over article, Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery - Apple Support, we can see that an adapter is used to assist with charging. Have you tried using an alternate adapter or charger? If you haven't, give that a try and see if it helps.

Should the issue persist, you might need to have it checked out by a technician. You can review your options here: iPad Repair - Official Apple Support - Apple accessories. You can also contact Apple Support for additional guidance at Get Support.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 1:20 PM in response to 77cjc62

Hello 77cjc62,

We understand you're having issues with your Apple Pencil not charging as expected. Looking over article, Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery - Apple Support, we can see that an adapter is used to assist with charging. Have you tried using an alternate adapter or charger? If you haven't, give that a try and see if it helps.

Should the issue persist, you might need to have it checked out by a technician. You can review your options here: iPad Repair - Official Apple Support - Apple accessories. You can also contact Apple Support for additional guidance at Get Support.

Best regards.

Apple Pen Won't Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.