Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i turned iMessages off but now that I’ve turned it back on I’m not receiving any messages however I am receiving it on other devices

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 8:20 PM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2022 9:35 PM in response to hamzah236

hamzah236 Said:

"Messages: i turned iMessages off but now that I’ve turned it back on I’m not receiving any messages however I am receiving it on other devices"

-------

Troubleshooting Messages:

No Success?:

• Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

Jul 19, 2022 9:04 PM in response to hamzah236

When you enable the "Text message forwarding" to other devices that are using your Apple ID then the messages that are received on your iPhone get forwarded to all other devices which are enabled on the device that is receiving the message.

If you are receiving messages on other devices that indicates it is getting forwarded from another iPhone which is using your Apple ID.

For example:

If you have the following 4 devices...

iPhone 1 - Say A

iPhone 2 - Say B

iPad - Say C

Mac - Say D

Case I

If you enable "Text message forwarding" to B, C D on A then all the messages are received on A, B C & D

Case II

If you enable "Text message forwarding" to A, C D on B then all the messages are received on A, B C & D

Case III (As per your post)

Probably you have enabled "Text message forwarding" to C & D on B then all the messages are received only on B C & D

Please check what are the "Text message forwarding" setting on your iPhones. Refer to the poic below

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.