Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playing music on HomePod

start with my music

I listen to music from the original Music app

but most of my music doesn't come from Apple Music

first, I download the music on my mac

second, I import it into "mac's" Music

third, I sync the music library to my iPhone

so that I can listen to music on my iPhone without any other apps

so the problem is

if I buy a HomePod

can it play the music "that doesn't come from Apple Music"?

thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:41 AM

Siri on HomePod can play your unhidden purchase history with the iTunes Store, or your iCloud Music Library if you subscribe to Apple Music*. You can use AirPlay to play content from your library if you don't have/want a subscription. See Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support.

tt2

* It may also work with iTunes Match, but that seems to be somewhat unreliable.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:41 AM in response to endercup

Siri on HomePod can play your unhidden purchase history with the iTunes Store, or your iCloud Music Library if you subscribe to Apple Music*. You can use AirPlay to play content from your library if you don't have/want a subscription. See Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support.

tt2

* It may also work with iTunes Match, but that seems to be somewhat unreliable.

Jul 21, 2022 12:20 AM in response to endercup

You should be able to. I don’t subscribe to Apple Music. I just have iTunes Match and I was, until yesterdays HomePod os 15.6 update, able to request songs that have been matched or that I have purchased were played natively on the HomePod from my library. But it’s broken. So maybe worth taking onboard. It’s been broken before, then fixed but now appears to be broken again. As far as I know Apple Music subscribers are not affected. I just get responses of “I couldn’t find xxxxxx in your Apple Music library” now.

playing music on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.