Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod showing as Accessory not responding in the Home APP ?

After I purchased my Homepods I paired it for the first time with Apple TV 4K Just 2 days back, but ever since then My Homepods have stopped working on their own, they also even do not pair as an Airplay

speaker when I try to Airplay it from device after hitting the Airplay Icon, They do show in the list but do not get paired. There is nothing wrong with the Homepods they are perfectly getting power on and they are in perfect condition but it is just they are not playing anything. My Wi-Fi is perfectly fine it is at full strength and all the other background factors are perfectly working fine.

But it looks like when the other day when I watched a movie on my Apple TV 4K since that day I think

automatically Apple TV 4K has become my Homekit Hub and I just tested it when my Apple TV 4K is switched on the Homepods work fine but the moment my Apple TV 4K is switched off the Homepods stops working. To prevent this I went in to the Apple TV 4K settings and turned off my home option, but still the Homepods are not working when Apple TV 4K is switched off, I don't know what else to do

If somebody can guide me what else can I do?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 10:15 AM

See Set up home theater audio with HomePod mini or HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support and remove the HomePods as the default audio output for Apple TV. You should find they work normally. You can still manually select HomePod as an AirPlay target for Apple TV.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 20, 2022 10:18 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes you are correct, the HomePods were not playing independently because I had paid them with Apple TV 4K as default speakers when I unpaired them as default speakers from Apple TV 4K they have now started working independently. Thanks for the info I have found this info four hours back so you are a little late but nevertheless thanks for the info.

Jul 20, 2022 11:18 AM in response to turingtest2

@turingtest2 though I had a question Apple says to have a Dolby Atmos effect coming from your Stereo Paired Homepods while watching a Movie in Apple TV 4K they have to be in the same room in the Home APP and be your default speaker in Apple TV 4K. So when you say "You can still manually select HomePod as an AirPlay target for Apple TV." If i do this will I still get the Dolby effect coming out from the Homepods. If i instead of keeping the Homepods as default speaker choose to play audio from it using Airplay from Apple TV 4K ?

Jul 20, 2022 11:30 AM in response to augustya

Not something I've personally tested. I have Apple TV HD and an older TV. You can compare the output when set as default speakers or using ordinary AirPlay, however the way that article is written does hint that only the former method will deliver Dolby Atmos. I take it you have OG HomePods, not HomePod minis? HomePod minis don't do Dolby Atmos.

tt2

Homepod showing as Accessory not responding in the Home APP ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.