Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone issue Airpod pro

When I use apple airpods only in right ear during calls( audio/video), my voice reached to recipient in echo. Other person cannot understand my speech. Same happen when I record any audio messages. It looks like there is issue in microphone.

however this is not the issue with left ear microphone.

Is there anyone else facing similar problems?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:41 AM

Hey there.

First check in your AirPods settings that your microphone is set to automatically switch between your AirPods (Connect your AirPods and go to Settings >> Bluetooth >> tap the "i" next to your AirPods >> then scroll to Microphone and make sure it says automatic).

If your microphone settings are fine, you can try to reset your AirPods. Otherwise, you may want to schedule a Genius Bar visit to get them looked at. Click the link and scroll down to "Get Hardware Help".

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 7:41 AM in response to forufarhan

Hey there.

First check in your AirPods settings that your microphone is set to automatically switch between your AirPods (Connect your AirPods and go to Settings >> Bluetooth >> tap the "i" next to your AirPods >> then scroll to Microphone and make sure it says automatic).

If your microphone settings are fine, you can try to reset your AirPods. Otherwise, you may want to schedule a Genius Bar visit to get them looked at. Click the link and scroll down to "Get Hardware Help".

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Microphone issue Airpod pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.