Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup in iCloud Storage

After restoring my iPhone backup image to a new iPhone (just upgraded), do I need to keep the backup in iCloud? It pushes me to the limit of my iCloud storage plan (200 GB).

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 8:02 AM

When it pushes limit of iCloud storage plan , manage icloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Reduce the size of your iCloud Backup

When you back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iCloud, the most important information on your device is backed up automatically. Learn more about what iCloud backs up.

Many iOS apps automatically back up to iCloud after you install them. You can decrease the size of your iCloud Backup and free up space in iCloud when you stop backing up apps that you don't use or delete old iCloud backups. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 8:02 AM in response to GrampsBacon

When it pushes limit of iCloud storage plan , manage icloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Reduce the size of your iCloud Backup

When you back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iCloud, the most important information on your device is backed up automatically. Learn more about what iCloud backs up.

Many iOS apps automatically back up to iCloud after you install them. You can decrease the size of your iCloud Backup and free up space in iCloud when you stop backing up apps that you don't use or delete old iCloud backups. 

Backup in iCloud Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.