Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete and reinstall iOS?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:51 AM

Hey there dksharbo,

We’re happy to help you reinstall iOS on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support -- Before beginning, we highly recommend creating a fresh backup.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support -- Follow the steps in this article to place your device in recovery mode. When you're presented with options, please choose "Update" and not "Restore". This should reinstall iOS on your iPhone. As it states in the article:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. Your computer will try to reinstall the software without erasing your data. 

If you make a mistake and choose “Restore”, that’s what the backup is for. You can restore the backup you made using these steps: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 10:51 AM in response to dksharbo

Hey there dksharbo,

We’re happy to help you reinstall iOS on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support -- Before beginning, we highly recommend creating a fresh backup.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support -- Follow the steps in this article to place your device in recovery mode. When you're presented with options, please choose "Update" and not "Restore". This should reinstall iOS on your iPhone. As it states in the article:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. Your computer will try to reinstall the software without erasing your data. 

If you make a mistake and choose “Restore”, that’s what the backup is for. You can restore the backup you made using these steps: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.