Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to big sur or Catalina

I've been trying to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina or big sur on my iMac. and get message "The requested version of macOS is not available." I can't run some of my most important apps (esp. PSE organizer) on Montery. Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 2:20 PM

usually when you get "The requested version of macOS is not available." that means that the Mac is not compatible with a given macOS.

you can check these links to see if the Mac is compatible or not with Catalina, Big Sur.

macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

if the Mac is compatible, but you are still having difficulties, you can try and start the Mac into safe mode and try and apply the upgrade while in safe mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 2:20 PM in response to docsheila

usually when you get "The requested version of macOS is not available." that means that the Mac is not compatible with a given macOS.

you can check these links to see if the Mac is compatible or not with Catalina, Big Sur.

macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

if the Mac is compatible, but you are still having difficulties, you can try and start the Mac into safe mode and try and apply the upgrade while in safe mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode.

upgrade to big sur or Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.