Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share - purchases

My wife and I have iPhones (12 and 13). I set up Family Sharing for Purchases. I am the Family Organizer. I have my credit card in Apple Wallet. She subscribes to iCloud to purchase monthly storage that gets charged to one of our Apple IDs. Don't remember which one it is. Recently, my credit card was reported lost/stolen and I got a new one. I added the new card to my wallet and her wallet. I then removed the card from both of our wallets. However, the monthly charge for iCloud is still somehow linked to the unauthorized/removed credit card via the Apple ID. When trying to purchase iCloud space she gets the following message, "Your payment method was declined. To make this purchase, ask your organizer to provide a new payment method." We have tried but not been successful. How do we accomplish this?

How do I figure out which Apple ID was used?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Thank you Chris. We finally got it fixed. Don't ask me what we did to get there because I have no idea. It was all confused between who's Mac or iPhone or iPad was used to begin with. What Appleid was used. Where within settings did we have to go (multiple places). Ugh! Thanks for your quick response.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 2:38 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you Chris. We finally got it fixed. Don't ask me what we did to get there because I have no idea. It was all confused between who's Mac or iPhone or iPad was used to begin with. What Appleid was used. Where within settings did we have to go (multiple places). Ugh! Thanks for your quick response.

Jul 20, 2022 2:05 PM in response to lewbjr

Generally, in Family Sharing, all purchases are charged to the Family Organizer. The organizer usually is the one to get extra iCloud storage, as anything above 50GB or above can be shared with the Family. Did your wife upgrade iCloud before you setup Family Sharing?

You may be better off contacting Apple Support for help in fixing a billing problem. Go here, Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support then click on your location and use that to contact iTunes Support.

Family share - purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.