Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Description of iCloud settings in iOS

Where can I find a complete description of iCloud settings in iOS?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 3:25 PM

Basically, each of the iCloud settings on your iPhone, enable/disable a specific iCloud-related service (Mail, Photos, Keychain, etc.) for syncing to the Cloud. Syncing, in turn, allows your iPhone's data to be synced between your other Apple devices that log in with same Apple ID.

In addition to Apple apps, a number of 3rd-party apps allow for syncing their respective app's data with the Cloud.

Is there a particular setting that you are most interested in?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 3:25 PM in response to EricFr2

Basically, each of the iCloud settings on your iPhone, enable/disable a specific iCloud-related service (Mail, Photos, Keychain, etc.) for syncing to the Cloud. Syncing, in turn, allows your iPhone's data to be synced between your other Apple devices that log in with same Apple ID.

In addition to Apple apps, a number of 3rd-party apps allow for syncing their respective app's data with the Cloud.

Is there a particular setting that you are most interested in?

Jul 20, 2022 3:18 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks, I had seen this page but it doesn’t explain all the options in IOS.

example: why are there two separate options for Photos and Messages? The first Photos option has more selections within. The second is separated below with no explanation.

It seems the iCloud features are very powerful but poorly explained.

I’d like to understand all the settings presented under the iCloud heading.

Description of iCloud settings in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.