Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make apple watch haptic announce mail?

I have a series 3 apple watch but I do not the haptic tap when I receive mail. But, the mail is visible on the watch.

When I receive other messages messages and notifications the haptic function DOES work.

I have the notification set to buzz and announce on my phone and the watch set to mirror my phone.

All help gladly accepted.

Thanks

Barry

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:43 AM

• Install the latest software updates for both devices. Look for software updates

Keep in mind also you won’t be notified if the iPhone is unlocked

• Try again in the sounds & haptics on watch app, drag the slider back & forth to encourage it to liven up. This procedure works in iPhone settings when iPhone has sound issues.

Further down in this list is “ Prominent” you can test that out as well.

• In the watch app notifications you are using mirror my phone, see if using notifications> mail> custom> “allow notifications” improves it.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 10:43 AM in response to bholtzkener

• Install the latest software updates for both devices. Look for software updates

Keep in mind also you won’t be notified if the iPhone is unlocked

• Try again in the sounds & haptics on watch app, drag the slider back & forth to encourage it to liven up. This procedure works in iPhone settings when iPhone has sound issues.

Further down in this list is “ Prominent” you can test that out as well.

• In the watch app notifications you are using mirror my phone, see if using notifications> mail> custom> “allow notifications” improves it.

Jul 20, 2022 5:26 PM in response to bholtzkener

Mine works like every other notification.

First try toggling the settings off, then back on.

Try restarting your watch, press the crown & side buttons at the same time until the apple logo appears, then release. Restart your iPhone as well.

You might also want to update the software on both devices that were released today (July 20) to see if this fixes the issue. Do the iPhone first.

how to make apple watch haptic announce mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.