Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID refusing to work with App Store after IOS 15.6 update

After updating to IOS 15.6 today, my Face ID is refusing to work at all with the App Store or any purchases on it. I have already tried resetting my Face ID fully, toggling the setting on and off 3 or 4 times, and even signing out of the App Store and back in to no avail and it always prompts me for a password no matter how many times I enter it. This was not happening at all prior to updating as well so I’m a little lost on why it’s happening now and only occurring with the App Store.

UPDATE: Face ID is refusing to work with my Apple Pay as well. Seems as though a major bug made it through testing.

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:10 AM

Try a hard reset.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.5; HomePods, audioOS 15.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies

Face ID refusing to work with App Store after IOS 15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.