Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete apps on ipad air 2

I am unable to delete unused apps from my ipad air 2. IOS version 14.4.2. There is no x next to the icons when I make them wiggle on the home screen. There is no option to delete when I choose one on the storage list. I can't download the latest update because I don't have enough storage.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:34 AM

If no (x) appears for any app at all, go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps, and make sure its set to allow.

If the X appears for some, but not for others, then make sure the Apps you are trying to delete are deletable. Some builtin Apple apps cannot be deleted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Becmat60

If no (x) appears for any app at all, go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps, and make sure its set to allow.

If the X appears for some, but not for others, then make sure the Apps you are trying to delete are deletable. Some builtin Apple apps cannot be deleted.

Jul 21, 2022 9:38 AM in response to Becmat60

If you are experiencing difficulties with adding or removing Apps to/from your iPad, you need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

• Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Adding Apps - ensure that this permission is set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - ensure that this permission is set to Allow

Delete apps on ipad air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.