Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does law enforcement have access to my iPhone?

Does law enforcement have access to my phone ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:16 AM

2 replies

Jul 21, 2022 1:46 PM in response to Zquinn12

Not unless you have given them access.

If Apple receives a court order, they will need to comply if at all possible. So far due to the encryption on the iPhone Apple has been able to side step this, but if you have anything stored in cloud, then Apple may release the files stored in the cloud with a court order (I've seen credible tech news reports on this).

Anyone with physical access to your iPhone could potentially access or compromise it especially if the iPhone is out of your sight. There have been news reports showing that it is possible to access an iPhone (at least from a few years ago) using special software & equipment (again from credible tech news reports where law enforcement contracted with a third party to unlock an iPhone after Apple said they could not do so for a court order).

I don't have time at the moment to post links to those articles.

I don't know what that screenshot is from or to what it is referring as there is no context. Companies must always comply with the laws in each region as best as they can.

Does law enforcement have access to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.