Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if someone has hacked into my iPhone?

How do I know if someone has hacked into my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:52 AM

Technically… If they’re any good at it, you don’t.

Most of these cases are not hacks, though.

Most of us are not worth the very expensive tools used for this, either.

Most of these threads are either compromised passwords or re-used passwords, or folks that know the local passcode or such, failure to use two-factor and getting phished, or confusion or concern over the contents of (normal) logs and (normal) telemetry data, failure to stay updated to current, and some other cases will involve gaslighting by someone.

To verify your security, start with the information Apple provides:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

If you’re an investigative journalist, dissident or activist, seriously rich, senior in government or industry, or with access to classified or sensitive or financial data, the risk calculations here can and will shift.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 10:52 AM in response to Sporcocane

Technically… If they’re any good at it, you don’t.

Most of these cases are not hacks, though.

Most of us are not worth the very expensive tools used for this, either.

Most of these threads are either compromised passwords or re-used passwords, or folks that know the local passcode or such, failure to use two-factor and getting phished, or confusion or concern over the contents of (normal) logs and (normal) telemetry data, failure to stay updated to current, and some other cases will involve gaslighting by someone.

To verify your security, start with the information Apple provides:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

If you’re an investigative journalist, dissident or activist, seriously rich, senior in government or industry, or with access to classified or sensitive or financial data, the risk calculations here can and will shift.

How do I know if someone has hacked into my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.