Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mounting an iPhone (11 Pro) to a bike handlebar

How do vibrations impact the camera when mounting the iPhone on a gravel bike or mountain bike handle bar riding through rocky terrain? Is it the same as the motorbike vibrations? Obviously it doesn’t have the same “vibration pattern”, but I doubt that gravel and rock vibrations are good for the iPhone camera?

thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 1:05 PM

I'm not sure if the vibrations from a bicycle would be bad enough to be an issue, but yes, it can cause damage:

Exposure to vibrations, like those generated by high-powered motorcycle engines, might impact iPhone cameras - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 21, 2022 12:13 PM in response to Be_lias

Yes, the affects will be similar. Unlike a GoPro camera (for example), vibration-resistance is somewhat limited with the iPhones. Personally, I haven't heard of anyone stating that their iPhone's camera was damaged by doing so, but that certainly doesn't mean that it should be done ... even if the vibrations are at a lower frequency ... they could be more "jarring."

Mounting an iPhone (11 Pro) to a bike handlebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.