Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote supported files

Hi, I am very not up to date with technology so please make your answer very beginner friendly (dumb it down for a dummy). I am trying to upload a download onto Keynote and it's not supporting most files it looks like. Everything is pretty much greyed out. Perhaps I need to update the app? For context, I am trying to upload a transparent background file from Canva. It is a PNG and Transparency is marked.

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 5:03 PM

If you want to add a picture to a Keynote presentation, there are several options:

1) Use the Keynote menu item "Insert > Choose…", then navigate to the file in the dialog box and select the file OR

2) locate the file in the Finder and drag it onto the slide in Keynote

3) double click the image file. In preview, use the key combination <command>+a (select all), then copy, then switch to Keynote and paste

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 5:03 PM in response to Baebface

If you want to add a picture to a Keynote presentation, there are several options:

1) Use the Keynote menu item "Insert > Choose…", then navigate to the file in the dialog box and select the file OR

2) locate the file in the Finder and drag it onto the slide in Keynote

3) double click the image file. In preview, use the key combination <command>+a (select all), then copy, then switch to Keynote and paste

Keynote supported files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.