Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud password forgotten

Hello!

This is kind of a long thing but I’ll try to make it short.

My husbands phone broke (android, boooo), and my mom, who is diagnosed with dementia had an iPhone 6 s plus that was an older unlocked phone so she gave it to him. I brought it into the Verizon store and with a new SIM card they successfully transferred it over to his number. However, the phone is still signed into her iCloud and she doesn’t remember her password. He doesn’t have an Apple ID bc he has always used android phones.

how do we erase and factory reset the iPhone so he can create an iCloud account and log it in to this phone so he can personalize it and download his own apps?

I appreciate any and all help!!

also we do not own a laptop to plug it into and I don’t have many friends in this area so I don’t know anyone who has one either so that option is out…

thank you for taking the time to read my story!! 💜💜

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 7:33 PM

Sboller75 Said:

"iCloud password forgotten: [...]My husbands phone broke (android, boooo), and my mom, who is diagnosed with dementia had an iPhone 6 s plus that was an older unlocked phone so she gave it to him. [...]how do we erase and factory reset the iPhone so he can create an iCloud account and log it in to this phone so he can personalize it and download his own apps?"

-------

Successfully Getting Into a Used iPhone:

Your mother needs to reset her password to sign out of it. Your husband needs an Apple ID. If she never logs out of it, he can never use it with his own account.

Successfully Log in:

So, four steps here for your husband:

1. Change the Password:

Have your mother get her password changed so that she can successfully get into her Apple Account: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2. Set this Up Anew:

Next, have her perform as instructed here, including the sign out: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3. Create your Apple AD: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

4. Sign in to the iPhone yourself: Sign in with Apple on iPhone - Apple support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 7:33 PM in response to Sboller75

Sboller75 Said:

"iCloud password forgotten: [...]My husbands phone broke (android, boooo), and my mom, who is diagnosed with dementia had an iPhone 6 s plus that was an older unlocked phone so she gave it to him. [...]how do we erase and factory reset the iPhone so he can create an iCloud account and log it in to this phone so he can personalize it and download his own apps?"

-------

Successfully Getting Into a Used iPhone:

Your mother needs to reset her password to sign out of it. Your husband needs an Apple ID. If she never logs out of it, he can never use it with his own account.

Successfully Log in:

So, four steps here for your husband:

1. Change the Password:

Have your mother get her password changed so that she can successfully get into her Apple Account: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2. Set this Up Anew:

Next, have her perform as instructed here, including the sign out: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3. Create your Apple AD: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

4. Sign in to the iPhone yourself: Sign in with Apple on iPhone - Apple support

iCloud password forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.