Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud locked iphone

I bought an iphone from fb market. But I was scammed with this. It was iCloud locked iphone. Could anybody help me how could I find previous owner to contact him or her.

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 6:46 PM

the only way you'd ever find out the previous owner was if you bought it from the previous owner. there is not a way for you to look it up. in theory the phone was stolen from the previous owner, they wouldn't want to unlock it for you anyways

maybe look into reporting them on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/help/1295340050874305?helpref=faq_content

for future reference, you should always make sure an iPhone or an iPad powers on and displays the 'hello' screen in various languages. If it turns on directly to a Home Screen or doesn't power on at all.. walk away

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 6:46 PM in response to bhawna257

the only way you'd ever find out the previous owner was if you bought it from the previous owner. there is not a way for you to look it up. in theory the phone was stolen from the previous owner, they wouldn't want to unlock it for you anyways

maybe look into reporting them on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/help/1295340050874305?helpref=faq_content

for future reference, you should always make sure an iPhone or an iPad powers on and displays the 'hello' screen in various languages. If it turns on directly to a Home Screen or doesn't power on at all.. walk away

Jul 21, 2022 6:50 PM in response to bhawna257

oh, for sure.. if you are able to contact the seller, get a refund etc.. then that's the proper recourse.

I wouldn't come here saying you've been scammed if you're actually able to resolve this on your own....

edit:

I think I mis read your response.. you were suggesting that you could contact the real owner and give their phone back. Unfortunately this won't be possible

Jul 21, 2022 6:58 PM in response to bhawna257

no, that info would likely be removed by the moderators.. Someone coming here looking for a lost phone and coming across this thread would be like a needle in a haystack I think.

If anything you could maybe call your local authorities and see if the phone should be turned over to them? Or if you pull the SIM card and it identifies the carrier, could maybe call them and check?

iCloud locked iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.