Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorizing music problems

Pretty music every song I've ever purchased from iTunes won't play on my iMac anymore. It asks for authorization, which I enter. Next it tells me that this computer is the 3rd device out of a possible 5 that can authorize this music. I click okay, and then try again to play the song. The whole thing starts over. I've done this over and over and I get the feeling that it would go on until our sun goes supernova.

Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 9:00 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 9:00 AM in response to Brie-Eating Surrender Monkey

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Authorizing music problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.