Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off two factor authentication?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:31 PM

Read again -> Related Article -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

• If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. 

• Your password alone is no longer enough to access your account, two-factor authentication dramatically improves the security of your Apple ID and all the personal information you store with Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 11:31 PM in response to Agarrity

Read again -> Related Article -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

• If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. 

• Your password alone is no longer enough to access your account, two-factor authentication dramatically improves the security of your Apple ID and all the personal information you store with Apple.

Jul 23, 2022 10:41 PM in response to Raicya

okay,

then what do I do when per say my phone randomly needs to be reset (it happened about 2 days ago. iPhone 13 pro. Brand new still under warranty. Current and updated and has done it a couple times before) when that happens of course the only other device I have is my watch. For some reason I can never get the watch (gen 3 and also UTD version) to get the codes I need to set the phone back up…

no there isn’t a way to use a phone number of someone else’s and there isn’t a way to send it to my phone number since that’s the device needing to be set up.

plus it has my App Store messed up and I can’t even get my free apps redownloaded so I’m pretty irritated with it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.