Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why carrier is locked for my iPhone?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:37 AM

Carrier locking is not done by Apple. It's done by your carrier, to prevent you changing networks after getting the phone. Certain carriers offer unlocking- you can check the list for your carrier here.

For instructions on getting it unlocked, see here - How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 1:37 AM in response to montaser83

Carrier locking is not done by Apple. It's done by your carrier, to prevent you changing networks after getting the phone. Certain carriers offer unlocking- you can check the list for your carrier here.

For instructions on getting it unlocked, see here - How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Jul 22, 2022 2:31 AM in response to montaser83

If by "raise their hand" you mean "shift responsibility", then no. Carrier locking is generally done to prevent people from getting a cheap phone with the carrier bundle deal, then dump the service and getting a new carrier before they've paid off the iPhone. Unlocking is not done by Apple, so they cannot help you. They have, however, helpfully provided instructions to get your iPhone unlocked, if possible.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.