Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 suddenly stops recognizing SIM card

Recently i was using my phone and put it aside for a couple hours. when i went back to check my notifications my phone said that there was no sim card inside. after checking and confirming that my card was inside and the phone still not working i got confused. i was wondering if anyone else faced this problem and if so what you did.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:36 AM

Hello Manikass,

I've seen this happen a few times. In my experience taking the SIM card out and "re-seating" the card and tray resolved it.

If that does not resolve your issue, you'll want to reach out to Apple so they can run diagnostics. There is a cellular test that can be ran to determine if your phone has issues reading the SIM card frequently. It may need serviced.

The instructions in this Support Article will help resolve your issue:

-> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

Apple Support Contact Methods

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

-> Chat with Apple Support

Apple Support

-> Get Started Online

Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 2:36 AM in response to Manikass

Hello Manikass,

I've seen this happen a few times. In my experience taking the SIM card out and "re-seating" the card and tray resolved it.

If that does not resolve your issue, you'll want to reach out to Apple so they can run diagnostics. There is a cellular test that can be ran to determine if your phone has issues reading the SIM card frequently. It may need serviced.

The instructions in this Support Article will help resolve your issue:

-> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

Apple Support Contact Methods

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

-> Chat with Apple Support

Apple Support

-> Get Started Online

Apple Support

iPhone 13 suddenly stops recognizing SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.