Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Message Failed to send" alert even though message did send

Why do I get

Message Failed to send even though message did send

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:58 AM

Hi JackBarrett79,

If this is an SMS (and not iMessage) -- I've seen this lately too. My family is from very, very rural areas (and use Android devices). Lately when I try to send them messages they haven't been going through. We're on the same carrier, but I think it just has to do with a poor connection on the receivers end. As if it isn't "confirming" the message was sent successfully.

You can check with the carrier, but I think it's just poor cellular service.

If this is iMessage, have you tried to restart your phone?

This Support Article might be useful:

-> If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:58 AM in response to JackBarrett79

Hi JackBarrett79,

If this is an SMS (and not iMessage) -- I've seen this lately too. My family is from very, very rural areas (and use Android devices). Lately when I try to send them messages they haven't been going through. We're on the same carrier, but I think it just has to do with a poor connection on the receivers end. As if it isn't "confirming" the message was sent successfully.

You can check with the carrier, but I think it's just poor cellular service.

If this is iMessage, have you tried to restart your phone?

This Support Article might be useful:

-> If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Message Failed to send" alert even though message did send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.