Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Requires payment when linking a card

Hello. The last few days I can't download apps that are free. For some reason, confirmation of my card is constantly required, and when I try to link it, I receive an invoice for payment

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 6:46 AM

2 possibilities:

1. If you are getting a charge for a very low amount, it may Apple placing an authorization hold on it which should be reversed shortly after verification completes.
  2. You may have a pending charge for something you bought that needs to complete and as such attempts to do so when your card is verified. You must completer all pending charges for your account to be allowed to use the store services including downloading free Apps.

Both situations are normal and your must let them complete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Myakisheva

2 possibilities:

1. If you are getting a charge for a very low amount, it may Apple placing an authorization hold on it which should be reversed shortly after verification completes.
  2. You may have a pending charge for something you bought that needs to complete and as such attempts to do so when your card is verified. You must completer all pending charges for your account to be allowed to use the store services including downloading free Apps.

Both situations are normal and your must let them complete.

Requires payment when linking a card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.