Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch update problem

iWatch update (V8.7) is paused and won't finish update. iPhone is up to date. iWatch is fully charged and connected to WiFi. Both have been restarted. iWatch is sitting in charger. I have not repaired or reset the iWatch (trying to avoid that).

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 7:23 AM

8 replies

Jul 22, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Community User

I have already tried this approach multiple times, with no success. When I try to update via the watch, it shows V8.7 and the “install” link. However when I click on install it tells me that the watch has to be at least 50% charged an in the charger. Since it is fully charged and in the charger, I click on “OK”, but it just takes me back to the screen that has the “Install” link. In a loop and nothing happens.

iWatch update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.