Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The volume controls stopped working on my apple remote. Everything else still works. Anyone have a fix?

The volume controls stopped working on my apple remote. Everything else still works. Anyone have a fix?

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:29 PM

What is your audio system setup?

The Siri Remote uses the standardized signals for volume control. If that doesn’t work with with your particular setup, then you can Learn New Device.

The Siri Remote uses IR directly to the TV or audio system, unless you have an AV receiver that supports volume control over HDMI-CEC, or if you use certain AirPlay or Bluetooth speakers.

To adjust the settings, go to Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Volume Control﹥.

If your Siri Remote doesn’t work when the settings are right, then try to restart the remote as described on: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 1:29 PM in response to Dptak01

What is your audio system setup?

The Siri Remote uses the standardized signals for volume control. If that doesn’t work with with your particular setup, then you can Learn New Device.

The Siri Remote uses IR directly to the TV or audio system, unless you have an AV receiver that supports volume control over HDMI-CEC, or if you use certain AirPlay or Bluetooth speakers.

To adjust the settings, go to Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Volume Control﹥.

If your Siri Remote doesn’t work when the settings are right, then try to restart the remote as described on: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support.

Aug 10, 2022 4:41 PM in response to BobbyJML

I am having the same issue. This had worked for more than a year with no problem. Just started a couple weeks ago. I have reset the AppleTV, deleted and re-added the device where you hold the volume buttons and mute button on the remote until it tells you. Everything looks okay, but after adding the device, the volume and mute buttons on the siri remote still don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.