Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can we drag apps to the top of the screen?

I appreciate the blacked-out space in full screen mode, but using an app like Messages (or anything in a vertical list) but not being able to place it at the top of the screen in the gap next to the notch is problematic. Is there a solution for this or one in the works?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 7:30 AM

joebandstand wrote:

Problematic in that when you hide the menu bar and use smaller windows for apps there is wasted screen real estate. It’s an awkward gap and it’s reduced function compared to what should be functional. What’s the point in hiding the menu bar if we can’t use the space? I’m either side of the notch?

Submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 7:30 AM in response to joebandstand

joebandstand wrote:

Problematic in that when you hide the menu bar and use smaller windows for apps there is wasted screen real estate. It’s an awkward gap and it’s reduced function compared to what should be functional. What’s the point in hiding the menu bar if we can’t use the space? I’m either side of the notch?

Submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Jul 23, 2022 7:09 AM in response to joebandstand

joebandstand wrote:

I appreciate the blacked-out space in full screen mode, but using an app like Messages (or anything in a vertical list) but not being able to place it at the top of the screen in the gap next to the notch is problematic. Is there a solution for this or one in the works?

Problematic how...(?)

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

for example on the 16-inch notebook, you still have a 16.0 active area on the diagonal in that 16:10-inch window, and we just grew the display up from there and put the menu bar up there.

Notch—

How to adjust an app's settings to appear below the camera area on your 13.6-inch MacBook Air, 14-inch MacBook Pro, or 16-inch MacBook Pro - Apple Support

third part—

https://topnotch.app/

How can we drag apps to the top of the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.