Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This email says I requested a password reset which I did not do… Is this real?

I requested a password reset which I did not do… Is this real?You recently requested a password reset for your Apple ID. To complete the process, click the link below. 

If you didn’t make this change or if you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, go to iforgot.apple.com to reset your password immediately. Then sign into your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com to review and update your security settings.

Apple Support

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:15 PM

Those can be fake, but they’ll usually re-direct you to a scammer’s fake login portal. From what you’ve posted, somebody has requested a password reset. You absolutely need to reset your password NOW to a new and unique value, and would enable two-factor authentication if not already in use, and would review your trusted email accounts and trusted telephone number settings on your Apple ID. If there’s any chance somebody might know your password-reset-path passwords—the passwords to your trusted email accounts—reset those, too.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:15 PM in response to b0bsax

Those can be fake, but they’ll usually re-direct you to a scammer’s fake login portal. From what you’ve posted, somebody has requested a password reset. You absolutely need to reset your password NOW to a new and unique value, and would enable two-factor authentication if not already in use, and would review your trusted email accounts and trusted telephone number settings on your Apple ID. If there’s any chance somebody might know your password-reset-path passwords—the passwords to your trusted email accounts—reset those, too.

Jul 24, 2022 1:06 PM in response to b0bsax

b0bsax wrote:

The links are real?

Scammers usually embed a mix of fake and real links.

Real password reset messages also get (all) real links, even if the request was made by a typo mistake or by a crook.

But for this case, the now-expurgated Apple password reset link posted looked real, and was available for anyone here to try to use.

Which means you REALLY want to change your password, and you really want two-factor enabled.

This email says I requested a password reset which I did not do… Is this real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.