Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts overrides dnd

I created a simple task in Shortcuts to remind me to study French in Duolingo, it is set for every day at 10AM. The thing is that whenever I have Do Not Disturb on, the watch will vibrate anyway.

I checked the settings for DND and there are no exceptions, I checked the Shortcut and there's not setting for that, I checked the settings of the watch and it is set to mirror the phone so it shouldn't vibrate.

PS. I was testing the Shortcuts app because I'm trying to learn how it works, I could just delete the task and use any other method, but this should work as it is.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 7:39 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 26, 2022 11:25 AM in response to autusgo

Thanks for getting back to us with that information, autusgo. It’s appreciated.

When you go to Settings > Focus, is Share Across Devices turned on?

If it is, we’d like you to try restarting both devices starting with the companion iPhone first:

If restarting didn’t help, unpair your Apple Watch then set it up again:

Shortcuts User Guide - Apple Support -- Also, since you’re trying to learn how to use Shortcuts, we wanted to provide the user guide in case you didn’t have it.

Please let us know the results when you're able.

All the best.

Jul 24, 2022 10:43 AM in response to autusgo

Hello autusgo,

It sounds as though you're still getting a vibration alert when Do Not Disturb is enabled on your iPhone and Apple Watch. To confirm, since using Do Not Disturb and Focus, have you verified that Time Sensitive Notifications isn't enabled for Shortcuts? If not, you can find the steps on how to customize Focus and Do Not Disturb via the links below.

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the settings are correct, you'll want to make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated to the latest versions. You can find the steps for updating in the links below.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Let us know how that goes!

Jul 26, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Todd0213

I checked and there's no Time Sensitive Notifications enabled, not for Shortcuts, nor for anything. Everything is up to date, 2 days ago I received an update for Apple Watch and as yesterday I didn't notice if it vibrated, I thought that may be solved, but today it did again, and it actually woke me up.

To clarify, I've checked it when I was going through the settings and I have both, Sleep and DND on at that time. I can't think of anything else to check and I'm very annoyed, it's not the first time it wakes me up.

Shortcuts overrides dnd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.